The Wilson County Genealogical Society (WCGS) was founded February 26, 1991 and is now one of the most active genealogical societies in North Carolina.
The mission of the WCGS is to promote genealogy through education of its members and the general public; to improve access to non-profit genealogical resources in Wilson County, North Carolina; to foster collaboration in research; and to preserve the records, heritage, history and genealogy of the families who settled here.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in Wilson County. Individual membership to the WCGS is $20.00 per year, which includes a yearly subscription (10 publications) to Trees of Wilson. Family membership is $25.00.
Membership subscriptions can be purchased at the online Bookstore, or via check made out to “WCGS” and mailed to: WCGS, P.O. Box 802, Wilson, NC 27894.
All meetings canceled at this time due to Covid-19.
Post your family history queries to the Wilson County Genealogical Society Group Page on Facebook. A Facebook account is required to post.
The Trees of Wilson is published each month except for July and December. Articles are accepted for publication in Trees from members, provided the article meets good standards and is specifically related to the history, customs, research or family/families of Wilson or its parent counties. An annual index is published in March of each year.
To submit articles for publication in Trees, please contact Angelia Mizelle Joyner, Editor.
- President: David Bradshaw
- Vice President: Adele Gray
- Secretary: Sue Dail
- Treasurer: Earline Bunn
- Board Members: Jim Bailey, Sue Evans Powell (ex officio), Ed Tait, Paul Sherrod, and Yvonne McLamb
- Trees of Wilson Editor: Adele Gray
- Hugh B. Johnston Papers: Sue Evans Powell
- Cemetery Publications: Joan Lawrence Howell
- Historical Committee: Carol Forbes, Sue Powell (ex officio)
- Internet Coordinators: Krista Williamson
- Programs & Events: Jim Bailey
- Publicity: – Vacant –
- Webmasters: Kevin Joyner, Krista Williamson